Begoña Lafuente, (Spain, 1969), is a pictorial, graphic and multimedia artist; Currently, she develops her main creations in her studio by the North Sea in the Netherlands.Her career bases its roots in graphic design developed in Madrid in the early 90s, at a key moment for this discipline, when it reached the range of artistic expression within and outside the field of corporate image in Spain.Begoña intertwines her classical and artistic learning as a graduate in Fine Arts with the latest representation trends in constant research work, and she expands her experience as a graphic designer, art director and illustrator in different companies in corporate identity and advertising.In 2009 she moved her residence to the Netherlands. Here she interacts with local and international artists from different fields and integrates into her works a new reality that she fuses in her paintings with cuttings from the Spanish school. She plays with different techniques such as painting, collage, drawing, photography, scans, and monoprints.She studies the human being as a symbol of the expression of being; she creates an emotional and visual tension through the use of thematic contrasts, of color, of biological forms versus geometric forms, all representations of an ever-changing nature.
Her portfolio also incorporates recognizable forms from the great masters of art history from a contemporary perspective.
She often participates in local and international art fairs and exhibitions and her work can be found in private collections throughout Europe and in the United States of America.
• 2021 – Fira Internacional D’Art de Barcelona. España
• 2021 – Manduiña Schneider Art Gallery- California. USA
• 2021 – Mombó Art Gallery. III Colectiva Internacional de Arte Emergente, Sevilla, España.
• 2021 – Galerie Sonia Monti. Paris, Francia.
• 2020 – ARTBOX.GALLERY, Digital Screen, Zurich, Suiza.
• 2020 – ARTBOX Project, Digital Screen, “Zürich 2.0”. Zurich, Suiza.
• 2018, 2019, 2021 – Affordable Art fair, Amsterdam, Países Bajos.
• 2016, 2018, & 2019 – Roger Jonk Gallery, Bergen, Países Bajos.
• 2018 – Marziart Int. Galerie, Hamburg, Alemania.
• 2018 & 2019 – Art Eindhoven, Eindhoven, Países Bajos.
• 2018 – The Strico Gallery, New York, USA. 2015 & 2017 – ADAF, Amsterdam, Países Bajos.
• 2014 & 2015 – Artfusion Galerie, Amsterdam, Países Bajos.
• 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019 Kunst10daagse – Bergen, Países Bajos.
• 1999 – Galería Ra del Rey, “Pequeño formato”, Madrid, Santander & Valencia, España.
• 1998 & 1999 – Alquiler de mi obra como parte del decorado de serie de TV. Madrid, España.
• 1997 – Casa de la Cultura de Alcobendas. Madrid, España.
• 1997 – Galería de Arte Jacomart: Madrid, España.
• 1996 – Palacio de Gaviria. Madrid, España.
• 1995 & 1996 – Red de Arte Joven de la Comunidad de Madrid, España.
• 1994 – Grupo Taller. Madrid, España.